Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 3 of the Twelve Days of Christmas

Here is the cute paper bag album I have been making for about 5 years now...I first made it in a class at Scrapbookin' Adventures in Parksville on Vancouver Island, taught by my friend Jennifer.  I fell in love with these cute, fun little albums and have been making them ever since.  Take 4-6 paper lunch sacks...not Kiwi size, just regular  : )  and turn them so they are all facing different directions and turn some over. Now you should have flaps and openings scattered throughout.  Use a regular sewing machine to sew a seam down the middle of all the bags neatly stacked one on top of the other. See the left image in the picture here.  Now fold it in half and just start decorating!  You can do these for Mother's day, Birthdays, friends etc...I did a western themed album with paisley and cowboy embellishments for my friend Christine.  Just use paper that co-ordinates and go for it. It is all about having fun. 
This picture shows an inside page and a pocket...the opening made by the top of the lunch bag...I made inserts with tabs to go inside, to hold either a picture or journaling.  This cute paper is all by Basic Grey and is their Fruit Cake line that was out about 3 years ago. I hoarded it...I literally went to Hobby Lobby and bought every package they had at the end of the season.

This is the inside showing one of the flaps of the bag decorated. I stamped it and made a journaling spot, but you can also put trimmed pics here. I usually put a small tab on the flaps so people know to open them. 
I hope you enjoy making your own albums, and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment